Wednesday 19 March 2008

"we will find it , we will bind it..."

I have been making cards for several years now using all the lovely old bits of jewellery and trimmings that are too small for my other work. Much of the decoration is antique or at least fifty years old ! I spend hours at fairs and markets collecting my treasure together , some of it I can't bear to part with but most goes onto cards. Up until now I have only sold them to friends but now they are on Etsy.
Today in my shop window are some new ones.These are from a particularly lovely haul I got at the weekend from a lady who brings stuff over from France. Old lace motifs , handmade silver stars, scraps of beading and lots of little beauties !! I've decided to make some really special 'large' cards which would look wonderful framed..... Each one is ,of course, unique .

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...