Thursday 20 February 2014

Moss Book



I wasn't supposed to be making this at all but I sat looking at this old book and decided that it needed moss more than I needed to be getting on with stuff .


Ghiordes knots in four shade of green , two in cotton , two in silk,


 ..stitch density of about one hundred to the square inch ( more than an expensive carpet....which takes my mind to unrealistic notions)


...four big tufts (12 hours) and three tiny ones to fill the spine of this old French-English dictionary. After listening to very inspiring music I decided that this will be part of a  larger piece that I have been working on for a while...the piece I was, in fact, supposed to be doing anyway ( thankyou Sigur Ros).


1 comment:

Megan/Elmsley Rose said...

Yay Sigur Ros! I have a friend who has seen them live a couple of times.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...