Wednesday 29 April 2020

Studio Tour Day Two, Things in Jars



  All over my studio are glass jars and domes of all sizes. These tiny ones (above) contain Elizabethan pins, glove buttons, flat metallic glass beads and apple pips.

 
 Next to those is a an Art Deco powder compact with added antique lace and feathers.


Between my two desks (actually there are three...) is an old set of shelves held up in part with books. Here I keep my tiny apothecary jars of natural objects; leaf skeletons,lichen,seed pods and so forth.


On one of the window sills are jars for some of my old wooden cotton reels; you may notice that I label my jars with their emotional contents....hope, despair, wabi sabi, luck.


Tomorrow it will be haberdashery.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...